Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My Wonderful Christmas Eve

Ok, so keeping in the same mode as this is a wierd year anyway, so should Christmas Eve and the Holidays be any different?


My day was actually very busy, had to run to the office to take care of some paperwork for my short sale, then had to run a couple of errands. I didn't get home till around 2:30pm, then had to run and see if i could find a couple of last minute things for the girls - afterall, they were going to come and be with their dad! - Yeah!!!


Didn't have much success with that and ended up getting home around 5pm (ish) and was about to decorate the tree, (see i put it up but did not decorate it because i was not quite sure if i would actually get the girls) and call it an early night but an hour later i ended up at Temple Square looking at the lights. Funny how things are with me lately.


I ended wandering around for a couple of hours just enjoying the sights and sounds and the amazing lights. I was blown away by the amount of people at 8pm on Christmas Eve downtown looking at lights..... I stayed as long as i could, i could no longer feel my fingers - it was sooooo cold. I made my way home, got in around 9:30p and then had myself dinner.


I decorated the tree and had a nice time enjoying the Christmas music on the tv and then somewhere around 2am finished up and got cozy on the couch to watch "It's a Wonderful Life". I think i only made it about 45 min into it, which is normal before i dozed off.


Below is some of my favorite pictures from Temple Square. Hope you enjoy them.


I will post pics of the girls and Christmas in a day or so.....stay tuned!









4 comments:

Browns said...

I have been neglecting my blog and since you had me remove your link from mine for the time being I kept forgetting to check yours for the pics. These are just beautiful. I know it's even more breathtaking in person. Really miss being able to behold such a site. These are definately being copied to my computer!!

Browns said...

We were looking at your pictures again, and Johnny said you should try to sell the third picture...with the temple reflected in the water. It's awesome.

GoSpeedRacer said...

funny about the pic, my favorite is #7, (second up from bottom) and even though you cant tell that well, was just mezmerizing, it was taken just to the side of the assembly hall. it didn't turn out like i wanted but it is still good, i have a couple of dozen but only put a few on here, bu the end, i couldn't feel my fingers any more.

fjackson said...

Steve,

Still having trouble having comments posted, but the pictures of Temple Square are spectacular. We enjoyed the lights almost on a daily basis during the Christmas season for over 15 years.
Love ya, Mom and Dad